1. Brittany Bendabout.
2. Asa Cerda (Creek) skateboards.
Photos by Wes Cunningham (Choctaw) made in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on March 4, 2021.
3, 4, 5, 6. Kristy Maney Herron sews the leggings and breechcloth for a set of traditional 18th-century Cherokee men’s clothing. EBCI tribal member Dylan Morgan models the finished set.
Photos by Kristy Maney Herron (Eastern Band of the Cherokee Indians) made on the Qualla Boundary, North Carolina, on February 23, 2021.
7. A man crosses the street downtown.
8. A fellow Native at Triangle Coffee pours a latte. We talked about our initiatives for building community with young, creative Native Americans in our community. We talked about Indigenous artists coming out of Tulsa that are making an impact in the art industry and how much we admire their work.
10. A man serenading passersby. I talked with him for about 15 minutes, gave him a cash tip, and thanked him for making the gloomy, rainy day a little bit brighter.
Photos by Brittany Bendabout (Cherokee Nation) made in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on March 4, 2021.
11. Professional beadworker Orianna Greenberg seen through the viewfinder of a Hasselblad.
12. Creator of podcast , Alice Glenn, seen through the viewfinder Hasselblad
Photos by Brian Adams (Inuit) made in Anchorage, Alaska, on March 12 and March 1, 2021.